"For given cause, the Sub-Mariner strikes!"

Sub-Mariner
43 posts
92 (looks 30)
Played By:Nero
application
shipper

WHY CAN'T THE MOON STAY FULL FOREVER
Some recent events in Namor’s life had surely made it possible for him to set his plans to make plans for humanity to accept his people one way or another. With the recent news that his grandfather had returned to good health he gladly stepped down as King of Atlantis and went back to being Prince of Atlantis, which is a title, he would rather have at his current state of mind and life. With the wealth that he had acquired by selling old sunken treasure over the decades his people had acquired he was able to use some of the money to build a company called Oracle Inc. which is currently based out of San Francisco, Ca.

The main purpose of his company is to improve the well being of the ocean powers of the planet and the mammal and sea life within those waters since pollution was cancer to this planet and a big problem for his people. Even though he blamed humanity for that aspect on to the Earth itself in the end his people and the humans still shared the planet and co-existing was a must it seemed. For now he would try and give humans a chance to really show him they were worthy of his so-called generosity but how much did Namor have really? Only time will tell when it came to the Prince of Atlantis.

At the moment Namor found himself in New York as he looked to expand his new company and investment on this side of the United States. Talking with some investors Namor believed that maybe to promote his ideas that were slowly working on the West Coast that the East Coast was next step for him. He had been spending more time on the surface World and whenever he felt his imbalance kick in he would take time to embrace the deep waters of any body of water nearby. After the meeting Namor slowly made his way to his favorite place to get a hot cup of coffee, which was something he enjoyed from the surface World when he observed a group of individuals chanting some anti-mutant stuff. Namor really didn’t know what to make of it but for now he just exited the coffee as he took a drink of it and observed the crowd walking on the street.

IT'S NOTHING THAT I NEED TO SAY

--------------------

user posted image
"Imperius Rex!"

PM
^
RAHNE I. SINCLAIR
 Posted: Feb 1 2015, 03:41 PM
[Quote]

Billow and breeze, islands and seas, Mountains of rain and sun, All that was good, all that was fair, All that was me is gone.

Wolfsbane
49 posts
Twenty Seven
Played By:Ashley
application
shipper

The bullet wound in Rahne’s leg still throbbed from where Buford had accidently shot her. It was not as ugly as it had been an hour ago when she had gotten on the subway, but it was still gnarly to look at, and luckily for her, her dress covered most of it. The skin was working on closing, which caused an insane amount of itching. However, being as it was still a bullet wound and still extremely sore, she did not want to aggravate it. Rahne preferred broken bones to any tissue injuries. Broken bones were fixed with shifting forms. Her bones naturally broke and changed whenever she shifted, anyways. Tissue injuries, especially those that extended to the muscles, did not always fix itself during a shift.

The subway had been crowded today. The sounds and smells gave her a headache, but that was always to be expected. It was New York. If there were not loud noises and strange smells, this place would not be what it is. Besides, it was best city to kill time in until her leg was better. She had stopped at a little drug store to buy some bandages and some tape to cover it up. The people who weren’t mutants had been on edge and had been having some pretty intense protests. Rahne had seen blurbs about them on the news popping up just about anywhere there was a crowd of people. The thoughts sent shudders through her body. She learned at a very young age the type of damage a few rousing words could case, having been subjected to it. Rahne, for the life of her, could not understand why people were so afraid of mutants. Yeah, you had you few that caused some havoc, but did humans not realize that most of their problems stemmed from the unfounded fear of mutants? Shaking her head at her thoughts, Rahne just accepted that some things were never going to change.

The throbbing in her leg reminded her she needed to cover up the wound before someone took notice of it. She could hear the chanting that was taking place a block away. That was a storm that did not need to brew. That was her cue to leave soon, but her leg still took precedence. Finding a somewhat quiet alley behind a coffee shop, Rahne took care of her leg. Blood had already seeped through her dress, but it was black anyways. Only on closer inspection could one really see a stain, but no one was going to be that close to her leg without her noticing.

Just as she was finishing wrapping her leg, Rahne barely had enough time register the sound and smell of man a behind her. When a hand grabbed her roughly by the arm, she overreacted by turning and sharply pushing him off, not taking into account what was happening down the street. The man landed on some boxes opposite of her.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
NAMOR
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 12:13 AM
[Quote]

Sub-Mariner
43 posts
92 (looks 30)
application
shipper

Namor looked on as the small crowd of protestors passed him as he wondered if the surface dwellers would react to if the day came when his people were known to be real. He shook his head as he began to walk away from the coffee shop as he passed a small alley to his left and heard as if someone had landed crates of boxes in the difference. Namor watched as a man stood up from nearby boxes and began to yell at someone. The man was shocked at the powerful push that the red headed female he wanted to assault was and began to tell her. “You’re a freaking mutant aren’t you?” The man said as he began to yell. “I have a mutant! A mutant is here!” He said that a few times as some people from the crowd heard that and began to rush to where the man and the female was.

Should he walk away? This whole mutant thing was not his deal he had bigger issues in his life. He didn’t know if it was his human side, or his Atlantean side but something told him to investigate what the hell was going in that alley. Making his way as the crowd of eight people or so began to chant against one person he looked through the people and noticed it was Rahne, someone that he could not really forget that easy especially with her mutant ability. In the back of his mind he knew that she could take care of herself but the last thing he wanted and maybe she needed was not to expose her self with her transformation.

“Listen up people! Nothing to see here, you have a misunderstanding here. You sir tried to attack her and she made you look like a fool and now you are accusing her.” Namor as he walked passed the crowd and looked at the man who tried to assault Rahne a few minutes ago. Namor looked over at Rahne and simply stated. “Are you okay?” He had not noticed the blood stain on her clothing as his attention went back to the crowd as they began to call him a mutant lover. “You dare call me names! If I were you, all of you better leave before things get real bad.” The crowd continued to chant against Rahne and Namor as he threw the cup of coffee to his side. Even though he was wearing a suit for business purposes he still could move around as if he was wearing his Atlantean attire.

--------------------

user posted image
"Imperius Rex!"

PM
^
RAHNE I. SINCLAIR
 Posted: Feb 15 2015, 11:16 PM
[Quote]

Billow and breeze, islands and seas, Mountains of rain and sun, All that was good, all that was fair, All that was me is gone.

Wolfsbane
49 posts
Twenty Seven
application
shipper

It took Rahne a couple of moments to process what she had done. She knew she had over reacted, but she could not exactly take it back now. Just as she was about to open her mouth and offer an apology (even though the man definitely did not deserve it), but she was not quick enough. He had already stood up and started his verbal assault. “You’re a freaking mutant, aren’t you? I have a mutant! A mutant is here!” A panicked look took form on Rahne’s face. There was no way should could make it out of this alley without actually exposing herself and her mutation. She heard more people approaching the alleyway. Flashbacks of Kinross sprung into her mind. That night had been physically and mentally terrifying. Only now, these actions were legal. Turning frantically, she tried to see if there was anywhere she could run. Rahne could not climb or fly, so going up was not an option. Deciding to go for it, she tried to leave the alley, only to be blocked by a mob of eight. If this escalated any further, SHIELD would be there breathing down their necks and arresting her. A self-defense claim would do nothing for her. She was a mutant. That’s all they cared about.

“There is no need for this,” she held her hands up, hoping that maybe there was some way she could talk them out of ganging up on her. Her social skills were very lacking, at the moment though. She was never the one that did the talking, no matter how chatty she typically was. “I’m so sorry, Ah really am,” Rahne apologized, even though she was not very sincere about it. Grabbing a girl in alley was that man’s mistake, not hers. But the crowd kept enclosing in on her. A voice broke through, a voice that was very familiar. She turned her head to, and quite shocked at who the newcomer was. Namor, the strange man she had met a couple of weeks ago on her daily jog. Relief flooded through her at the sight of a friendly face, but it was short lived as she realized he would be dragged down with her if this escalated. His concern for her was touching. “Ah’m fine, but ye shouldn’t be ‘ere.”

Namor’s words did nothing to sway the crowd. They kept circling and geting closer. Rahne did not want to fight with these people. She could easily take them, but as an X-Man, she was supposed to help defend them. Give her a terrorist cell or deranged cult, and it was no question that she would do it, but human? Never. “This does nae need to go any further,” she pleaded with them, but she felt it was for naught.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
NAMOR
 Posted: Feb 25 2015, 02:31 AM
[Quote]

Sub-Mariner
43 posts
92 (looks 30)
application
shipper

She was right, he shouldn’t be here since this was a human and mutant problem and it did not involve any Atlantis stuff but he could not leave knowing that maybe she could be in harms way, or better yet she does something that would make her a wanted person of some kind. “I know but I cannot leave knowing you are alone in this, so here I am.” Namor said as she began to speak to the crowd and that did not do anything to help the situation. When one of the men in front of them rushed at the direction of Rahne and him self, he quickly dashed to his direction and pushed him away hard as it threw him back towards the crowd of anti-mutant protestors. “If you want more, I dare you try again!” Namor said as he squared off and blocked an attack from another protestors as he grabbed him by the arms and spun him around like a rag doll and threw him toward five men that were standing nearby.

Maybe his action had made the situation worst as he knew he could take all of them on, he was Atlantean and they were all simply humans. But the Prince of Atlantis needed to think not about him self now but also about her, as he looked behind her and dashed toward her and grabbed her by the arms and looked at her straight in the eyes. “Two ways out of this we either fight them here or I fly us out of here to somewhere safe, your call Rahne.” He said as he looked at her and then at the crowd that surrounded them, if she waited too long for her decision then he would make one himself.

--------------------

user posted image
"Imperius Rex!"

PM
^
RAHNE I. SINCLAIR
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 04:58 PM
[Quote]

Wolfsbane
49 posts
Twenty Seven
application
shipper

These were humans. As easy as it would be for her to take them on with the help of Namor, it still wouldn’t help the current situation. The whole ‘hunted’ thing had been a quasi-label, and quite frankly, Rahne had no intention becoming legitimately hunted more so than she was currently. She could feel the adrenaline pumping in her veins at the anticipation of a fight, the beast inside of her wanting to claw its way out. Scanning the crowd, she still looked in vain for an opening. Maybe they could run? They did not know Namor wasn’t quite human, so he would have been fine, but her? With an injured leg? That was going to be quite a trick. She braced herself as one of the angry mob rushed her, but Namor threw himself in front of her. As much as she appreciated his help, throwing the protestors around was not going to help. “Ya cannae keep doin’ that,” she said lowly to Namor. But the crowd kept on, with another person trying their luck at coming at her. Rahne retaliated and grabbed the guy, only to sling him back to the crowd he came from. Her leg throbbed as her weight shifted, causing her to gasp. She hated being the damsel in distress, but this did not need to escalate.

“We don’t want any trouble, honest. Just let us leave and we can all forgot about this.” Rahne said before Namor grabbed and spoke telling her that they could either fight or run. As much as she loved a fight, this was one she did not want to engage in. She’d let her feelings run hot and get the best of her, and needless to say, Rahne would probably do something she regretted. The flying part was the only part that unnerved her. Her body belonged on the ground, but it also did not belong in a prison. With a reluctant sigh, Rahne nodded slowly. “I’d rather nae have a fight. Neither the time nor place. Beside, my leg is killing me.”

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
NAMOR
 Posted: Mar 18 2015, 02:50 PM
[Quote]

Sub-Mariner
43 posts
92 (looks 30)
application
shipper

Namor was seeing first hand that the surface dwellers were probably not ready for them to have real knowledge of his people. If the humans were already weary and scared of the so-called mutants in their species, then they will surely react the same to his kind or maybe worse. Namor will surely debating now if expanding his company now was a good idea and slowly exposing the reality of his people to the surface dwellers. It was clearly that Rahne did not want to fight and he respected that since if she was not here he would of probably would have shown these humans what an Atlantean was. “Very well, just hold on tight.” Namor said as he pulled her towards her and secured her with his left arm as he looked up and suddenly Namor flew up into the sky as he looked down and could see the crowd was got off guard.

He looked at her as he flew toward another part of the city as he simply stated. “Let me know if you get air sick of some kind, this a bran new suit.” Namor said with a smirk on his lips as he continued to fly and after a few minutes he began to descend down in a small park within. Namor flew around to see that no one was around as he finally touched down on his two feet and when she was secured on the ground her self he slowly let go of her and looked around and then at her. “How is your leg doing, do you need any medical attention of any kind?”

“I commend you for not using your powers on them and I respect that.” Namor told her as he continued. “But I can honestly said that if you weren’t there I probably would of engaged them in battle, I guess I have to control my emotions when someone tries to confront me, sometimes I forget that they do not know who I am and what I can do.” Namor told her but he has seen some real bad horror scenes back in World War II and it was hard to forget that, it showed what the surface dwellers were capable of.

--------------------

user posted image
"Imperius Rex!"

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
[Reply][Fast Reply][New][New Poll]

skin by lauz of shine and candyland couture.